Anthara Crafts- "A hand for Handmade Crafts"
At "Anthara Crafts "our constant endeavor is to promote sustainable livelihood for artisans by exploring consumer /corporate support for their crafts there by facilitating concern for nature and communities.
Objectives of Anthara Crafts are to
- Discover, develop and market ,a wide range of handmade ,tribal, natural,organic and recycled products / Crafts.
- Provide a platform that links rural craftsmen, skilled/unskilled artisans with retail markets.
- To support ,enhance artisan livelihood in most deprived areas of the country
- Encourage fair trade practices and women empowerment by working with grass root organisations, Rural NGOs and women SHGs.
- Help artisans / rural entreprenuers to develop/ upgrade their creations to suit the urban and international customer needs by conducting regular training programs and market surveys.
- Protect & Promote indigenous /extinct craft forms that deserves attention ,or ones whose survival is under threat due to lack of retail market support .
Anthara Crafts is headed by Mrs.Sithara.Nair.Gerdes, a Crafts Consultant ,Art collector and a Social activist.She is a qualified Counsellor and has been over the years working closely with many rural artisan communities across South India.Equipped with more than a deccade’s experience in working with Eco friendly , ethnic & traditional arts and a wide variety of Handmade products ,she is an active member of many Handicrafts Promotion Councils and has led various projects for the promotion of Recycled & Handmade crafts. She conducts regular training programs for marginalised women SHGs and NGOs on areas of business promotion and product devolopment.